Vitamins & Supplements for Post-Bariatric Surgery Patients
While many of us desire to have a slimmer profile when we look in the mirror, some of us have excess fat under our chin, also known as submental fullness. Hereditary factors, weight, anatomy, and airway positioning may contribute to the development of a double chin. You are not alone if you are self-conscious about your double chin. Approximately 68% of people are in the same boat.
What Can be Done for Double Chin?
A double chin can be removed via a variety of procedures performed by plastic surgeons. These procedures include the following:
- Liposuction: This technique sculpts the chin and neck contour by removing fat from under the skin. Experts at the Natural Clinic make a small incision under the skin, insert a tube, and suction out the fat. Liposuction usually only requires the use of a local anesthetic to numb the general area.
- Face-lift: A face-lift allows doctors to remove fat and saggy skin around the chin and neck, resulting in the removal of a double chin. The majority of people are sedated under general anesthesia, though a local anesthetic can also be used.
- Neck-lift: Different forms of neck-lift procedures seek to strengthen the contours of the neck and chin by removing excess skin (Cervicoplasty) or tightening neck muscles (Platysmaplasty). Doctors also combine this treatment with a conventional Facelift.
You can expect bleeding and swelling to last for 10 to 14 days after each of these procedures. Some patients with severe health problems can be at risk from the general anesthesia used in some double chin operations. During any surgical procedure, smokers and people taking anti-clotting drugs like warfarin can experience an increased risk of bleeding.
Non- invasive methods;
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is a process in which fat-dissolving compounds are injected into the chin but the procedure can take up to 6 months and over 100 injections in some cases. If done wrong, it can cause nerve damage.
- Kybella: Kybella has been approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). A single procedure may require up to 50 injections of the drug into fat tissue. A person may have up to six procedures, each of which must be completed once a month.
Swelling, bruising, or pain can occur as a result of these treatments. If the lifestyle does not improve, the double chin can reappear.
I am very interested in new permanent teeth ( 4 ) , and curious about a tummy tuck, book lift, inner thigh tightening, double chin reduction…….curious about cost. 😉
Our medical consultant will reach you as soon as possible for more information.
Thanks for the interest and have a nice day.